Friday, August 6, 2010

Upcoming Interviews with fellow oDeskers.

After receiving such a great response to my thread on oDesk I'm pleased to announce that I'll be introducing a weekly interview to the blog. As long as those of you wishing to share your experiences want an outlet then I'll be delighted to keep doing the interviews.

I am ecstatic to confirm that I have secured exclusive :) interviews with some of oDesks top providers and forum contributors over the coming weeks and I'm sure you'll join me in thanking them for taking time out of their busy schedules to share their stories.

Prepare yourself for the unexpected from the very opinionated: Mahesh Walatara, known somewhat confusingly as "Humbleguy" who advertises himself as a "Website Graphics wiz & logo Master".

Read Rebecca Hadens views on how she has made  freelance writing a successful career and became one of oDesks top providers, whilst running a successful website of her own.

I'll talk with Thomas Cosby an illustrator with a difference & founder of Cosby Art, on how he secured that all important 1st job and how oDesk has changed the way he works.

&

Freelance copywriter and Blogger Stephanie Alexis C. Gonzaga will talk us through how oDesk and other freelance markets have enabled her to be a full time student and work whilst finishing her degree.

In September I can also look forward to speaking with Diana C. & Marissa S. who will share their experiences, tips and concerns about working from home, oDesk and why freelancing works for them.

A big thank you to all concerned and I look forward to speaking with you all. If you would like to share your story, just leave a comment below or through the active thread on oDesk and I will be delighted to feature your interview.





Until tomorrow.............

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,

    This is a nice idea you have. There are lots of people out there wondering if freelance writing can really be a job.. as there's this misconception of doing that out of boredom and stuff. I'd like to be included in your list and I look forward to reading your first interview here. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marissa, I'll look forward to speaking with you. If you want send me an email on jobuck08.ie@gmail.com and I'll pop you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Jo it will be interesting to see the "upside" (most providers) and the "downside" (Humbleguy) :)

    I think Humbleguy is a good guy he just has an ego bigger than the Empire State Building. Not that this is bad, don't all freelancers have egos? Doreen (doreenmartel)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Doreen, thanks for popping by. Yes I've interviewed 5 people now and I have to say it's been interesting.

    I'm pretty sure everyone has an ego, just some of us keep it more low key than HG :)

    ReplyDelete