Thursday, August 5, 2010

Back to the grindstone

It's been a while..... :)

So I'm back to the world of the web, work and, well more work. After a 2 week sabbatical, I have to say it's nice to get myself back into the swing of things.

Over the past two weeks I've made a lot of progress on work locally which is a great thing, so I'm currently working on content for 3 new websites (companies all based in my home town). I'm starting to feel like this little business of mine is really going to work and my confidence is sky high at the moment. Keep your fingers crossed.

Yesterday I logged onto oDesk on for the 1st time in two weeks, skimmed through the jobs and applied for two of them. Is it just me or is there nothing newsworthy on there at the moment? Honestly I thought the jobs that were posted were of a very low standard and the rates were shocking in the 30 or so posts I looked at. Maybe it's just the time of the year? I know a lot of companies take their vacations in July and August, so here's hoping September will pick up at bit.

I also finally took the advice of DM and started writing on Helium, what a great resource!!! The community there are fantastic and I really love the structure of the whole website. Once I've finished playing catch-up with my current work, I plan on writing a piece a day for Helium. It's the kind of site, that you basically get out what you put in, so if there's any income to be made out of it I really need to take it seriously. I'll let you know how I go with that. If anyone is interested, I've got 4 articles up at the moment and 1 of them has been featured, so I'm delighted with that! Helium Profile

On oDesk this morning, I opened a thread looking to see if there are any freelancers out there who would like to be interviewed for the blog. If any of you would be interested, simply comment below and I'll be in touch. I'd like perhaps to interview 3-4 oDeskers who would like to share their experiences.

For now, I'm off to catch up on my emails and other things I've been putting off for the past 10 days!


Until tomorrow.........

2 comments:

  1. So far we have Rebecca and Mahesh (aka Humbleguy) who have agreed to be interviewed, many thanks guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,

    I will also do an interview for you if you like.

    Great idea to interview freelancers for your blog - I bet we all have quite diverse stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete