Thursday, September 2, 2010

Has the tide turned on oDesk?

Big thanks to Thomas for his interview last week, great speaking with you Thomas and love your attitude to work and life. :)

On another note, my post today is more of a moan than a blog post if I'm honest.

Hands up if you're a bit disheartened with oDesk and the powers that be at the moment. (holds 2 hands up). For any of you who are following this thread on oDesk, I'm guessing you'll agree with me.

Now surprisingly, this morning I had an email in my inbox from Matt Cooper of oDesk, who has asked to speak with me further to understand my situation. While this is all very well, and I do appreciate him getting in touch. I do think at this stage, that understanding is just not going to cut the mustard on this one. oDesk understanding the situation, will, in fairness, mean diddly-squat to those who need the situation remedied.

Are we going to get a solution to this problem? that's the question.

Since when did it become so impossible for someone to put up their hand and say they might have made a mistake. If the powers that be are unwilling to go back to the term 'buyer' then that's fair enough. But surely 'Client' & 'Customer' would be viable options, I mean seriously if there are people out there that get those words mixed up with 'contractor' then the really shouldn't be freelancing at all.
If I'm honest, I don't think there was huge misunderstanding of the word 'buyer' either, "I misunderstood the meaning" is a great way to lie about the fact that you just wanted to advertise yourself to thousands on the job boards.

Agghhh the frustration of this situation is getting to me now, and if oDesk are to blame for putting my plans on hold I won't be a happy camper.

What y'all think?

Anyway enough of the grumps, there'll be another interview up on the blog over the weekend ... and let me tell you this... prepare yourself, it's our love him / hate him Humbleguy.




Until tomorrow........

No comments:

Post a Comment